Saturday, February 23, 2013

This week, I felt like food won. I tried hard to resist, but too many delicious things came my way.
It started with lunch at a new restaurant. How can one pass up fries with a fried egg on top?
Then, the deconstructed Croque Monsieur and heavenly puff pastry dessert.
I tried to compensate by skipping dinner and tell myself it was one day, just one day..

Two days later, it was the trip to the new donut shoppe..Buttermilk Old fashioned and Apple Fritter.
I attempted to look up points on Weight Watchers for this snack..Yikes.
I ended my work week with one too many Bourbons and some chicken fingers.
Today I had a Bahn Mi for lunch and dinner. So much for one day.

I thought about my week, after I took the last delicious bite of my Bahn Mi.
Maybe some times we need to give ourselves a break.
I recognize that I have to get back on the straight and arrow, and I will.

But this week, Stephie=0, Food=1


Til next time,

1 comment:

  1. Right when I got the the ? after you ask "How can one pass up fries with a fried egg on top?" all I could think about was whether or not the yolk was still liuidy enough to burst with one of the fries and then run all over the fries and the dipping the fries in the runny yolk - OMG!

    ReplyDelete